Thursday, March 15, 2012

St Patrick's Day!

St Patrick's Day is this Saturday!  My kids are convinced that because my husband is of Irish decent that he is friends with the Leprechauns (I had nothing to do with that haha).  So every year they plague him with a million questions and ask if he can let them see one, very cute.  This year I think I'm going to make basic cupcakes with just a bit of green food coloring, it doesn't take much I learned after making my son's birthday cake this past February and used less than half the food coloring it called for and it was still very red.  And for dinner I'll be attempting to make my first corned beef brisket with cabbage, carrots and boxtys.  Have you had a boxty? They are really yummy! 
 All you need is cold mashed potatoes, I be sure to add cheese and garlic, then make into small balls.  I dip mine in egg then cover in bread crumbs, I usually use panko and regular bread crumbs.  Fry until golden brown.  Simple Irish food!  And my boys all love them too!  I first had them at McGuire's and they are a splurge but worth it if you love potatoes! 
  I usually try to find a fitting craft to do, which having all boys is difficult, but this year, we are going to be very busy between the Louisville Kid's Fair, the boys get to see Spongebob and lots of other neat stuff AND we are going to be tilling the yard for our garden.  I am so excited that spring sprung a bit early this year, a week ago we had snow, now it is 80 degrees, so now we get to think veggies and get to work.  We spent about 70 dollars on seeds and are hoping that will yield enough produce to freeze some for next winter too.  
Busy weekend ahead!  Hope you all have the Luck of the Irish!  

No comments:

Post a Comment