Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review of Murals Your Way

Yay!  My first review!  A few weeks ago I received an email that I'd won my choice of a Dinosaur Train mural from Murals Your Way and Mom on Timeout and I was so excited.  I am obviously a dinosaur fan and my boys enjoy both dinosaurs AND trains, so it was a win for all of us!  I choose Next Stop the Triassic Period and measured out my youngest's wall since he never gets anything this cool at age 2, and his birthday is coming up.  I was able to choose the design, the size, and customize it with Ayden's name.  That was about 10 days ago. Yesterday a large box arrived via FedEx and I was so excited!  I was really going to save it for his birthday, I REALLY was... But I couldn't wait until May.
So after pretty much tricking my lovely husband into doing all the hard work last night, we had a mural up!  It came in 3 large pieces and was a bit tricky at first.  I do warn you, our's is 8 x 10 and it takes a little work, best to have at least 2 pairs of hands.  We realized it was easiest to just pull a little of the backing off starting from the top and laying the mural over towards the front.  It took about an hour to get it all up and smoothed out, then we had to cut a bit of excess off the bottom, that is how it is made in case you have irregular walls (which we apparently have).
But at the end of the day, we have an amazing mural!  I think it looks very nice.  The images are clean and were easy to match up.  It sticks well once you get it smoothed out and my kids, who's opinions are probably the most important, they were so excited!  They really loved that it said "Ayden's Train" on it and couldn't wait to imagine themselves on the train when we were getting it up.
So, it was a little tricky to get up, but not too bad considering the size, but it looks so great up!  Thank you Murals Your Way and Mom On Timeout, we are thrilled to have such a fancy wall!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying your mural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We really are! I'll email you some more pictures of it if you would like.

    ReplyDelete