Sunday, March 11, 2012

Finding Balance

Trying to be organic on a budget is not an easy thing to do.   We were living in Panama City, Florida, where organic choices are very slim.  Pretty much if you want organic you get whatever Publix has in their Greenwise section, which I've learned some of shouldn't be there! Let's just say there are some cereals marked "natural" that are not natural by any means..   We moved to Kentucky a month or so ago and the choices here are much wider!   There is Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and The Fresh Market.  Today, I am going to go to Trader Joe's or Fresh Market, let's see how well I do getting the things I need to feed a family of 5.  I don't buy everything organic, my boys still love kool aid and Big G brand cereals like Frosted Toast Crunch and my youngest loves Lucky Charms.  It surely is a balancing act, but I've found making things from scratch that I can, like cookies, ice cream, tortillas and pizzas, it helps balance the budget a little better!   What are you doing on this beautiful Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment