Friday, March 16, 2012

Cybros, Inc Sprouted Grain Bread Review

The other day I got a big box of fresh baked bread from The Sprouted Bakehouse.  It included a baguette, raisin bread, 7 grain, and a large package of dinner rolls.  It looked great and very fresh, it was super soft and looked like it was just baked.  My first instinct was to look at the labels, and I was pleased to see there are about 65 calories per slice and no high fructose corn syrup. or any other sweeteners except for molasses!  The list of grains is quite impressive.


This morning, my oldest son, who loves raisin bread, decided on a piece for his breakfast.  I don't eat raisins (I've said I'm picky, right?)  and his response to the first bite "Mmmmm".  If an 8 year old likes it, you know it must past the test!


The regular bread made delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, and got rave reviews.  Being soft but not soggy after sitting in a lunch box with jelly all day speaks strongly of a bread!

And for the grand finale, I made meat ball sandwiches tonight!  I made sausage and ground beef meatballs and flattened them a little bit to work better for the sandwiches, and used some spaghetti sauce I had, toasted the baguette with some mozzerella cheese and was quite please how quickly the sandwiches disappeared!  So fast I forgot to get a picture!  The bread didn't get hard in the oven and didn't fall apart under the sauce, which is a plus when you have 3 small boys eating, nothing worse than a meatball sandwich falling apart mid bite.


I am so pleased with how healthy this bread is, and how tasty it is.  Bread is the one thing I try to make and am not usually successful with.  I think I will be getting some more quickly shipped fresh bread!

I won this from It's Yummilicious and all opinions are mine alone.  Thank you It's Yummilicious and The Sprouted Bake House!

No comments:

Post a Comment